Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back in Istanbul!
The trip with Paul Duda was an experience i' ll never forget. He' s a very accomplished artist and a remarkable person to hang around with. I guess he shares my idea that we should' ve met much earlier.
All my friends here in Istanbul told me that I had changed since the last time they saw me. Especially after the accident (i crashed in the back of a tractor while speeding over 150 km/h), i felt something in the way at i look at life has radically changed. It' s like being freed from all ambitions, earthly things. Now the chatter i have with my friends, the smile of a beautiful woman, a small conversation with an old man is a real joy; the sound of my guitar, the taste of guinness, orgasm...
At the moment i' m getting ready to move to Paris. Next week, most probably I will have started my new job. I was looking forward to this the last couple of months, but now I find it hard to leave all these friends and this beautiful city behind. Still, it will be a great experience for me :)
By the way, those of you who are into jazz, check out guitarist Kurt Rosenwinkel RIGHT NOW! He is by far the most interesting guitar player of our time...

Anyway, take care all, with peace,

Baris